from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Lights placed in a row along the front of a stage floor.
- n.pl. The theater as a profession.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of footlight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In theaters, a row of lights placed on the front of the stage, nearly on a level with the feet of the performers. Formerly called floats.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. theater light at the front of a stage that illuminate the set and actors
Sorry, no etymologies found.