from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To lay down beforehand
- v. To waylay
- v. To plan, contrive in advance
- v. Simple past of forelie.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To lay down beforehand.
- transitive v. To waylay. See Forlay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To contrive in advance.
- See forlay.
fore- + lay (Wiktionary)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.