from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The forward mast on a sailing vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. (on a ship with more than one mast) the mast nearest the bow
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The mast nearest the bow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The forward mast of a ship or other vessel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mast nearest the bow in vessels with two or more masts
Sorry, no etymologies found.