from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who took part in the 1849 California gold rush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A miner who took part in the California gold rush of 1849
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One the miners who took part in the California gold rush in 1849; an argonaut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the adventurers, chiefly from the United States, who went to California in search of fortune soon after the discovery of gold there in 1848. The greater number of them arrived in 1849; hence the name.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a miner who took part in the California gold rush in 1849
Sorry, no etymologies found.