from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bed having tall corner posts originally intended to support curtains or a canopy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having four vertical columns, one in each corner, that support a tester, so that curtains can be hung to exclude draughts from the sleeper.
- n. A four-poster bed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large bedstead with tall posts at the corners to support a canopy or curtains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large bed having four posts for curtains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bed with posts at the four corners that can be used to support a canopy or curtains
Sorry, no etymologies found.