from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various bottom-dwelling fishes of the family Antennariidae of tropical and temperate seas, characteristically having a prickly or warty globose body and pectoral fins adapted for grasping.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several benthic anglerfish, of the family Antennariidae, having a frog-like mouth with a lure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See angler, n., 2.
- n. An oceanic fish of the genus Antennarius or Pterophrynoides; -- called also mousefish and toadfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An English name of the angler, Lophius piscatorius: same as fishingfrog. See angler.
- n. A fish of the family Antennariidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fish having a frog-like mouth with a lure on the snout
From frog + fish. (Wiktionary)