from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process, time, or condition of bearing fruit.
- n. A yield of fruit.
- n. A result or an effect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Fruit, collectively.
- n. Product or result of any action, effect, good, or ill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fruit, collectively; fruit, in general; fruitery.
- n. Product or result of any action; effect, good or ill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Fruits collectively; fruitery.
- n. The bearing or production of fruit or result.
- n. A painted or sculptured representation of fruit; a fruit-piece.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the yield of fruit
Sorry, no etymologies found.