from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a shrub, especially in having woody stems and branches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having woody stems and branches; shrubby
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a shrub or shrubs; branching like a shrub; shrubby; shrublike.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to shrubs; shrubby: as, a fruticose stem.
- In lichenology, having the thallus attached only by a narrow base, from which, it ascends in a branching, shrub-like form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or resembling a shrub
Latin fruticōsus, from frutex, frutic-, shrub, bush.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)