from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See viola da gamba.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Shortened name for the string instrument viola da gamba.
- n. A rank of organ pipes, so-called for a supposed resemblance of the sound to that of a viola da gamba.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A viola da gamba.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, the metacarpus or metatarsus of some animals, as the ruminants and solidungulates.
- n. Short for viol da gamba. See viol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. viol that is the bass member of the viol family with approximately the range of the cello
Sorry, no etymologies found.