from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Rope lashings on the bowsprit of a boat.
- v. Present participle of gammon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The lashing or iron band by which the bowsprit of a vessel is secured to the stem to opposite the lifting action of the forestays.
- n. The act of imposing upon or hoaxing a person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, formerly, a chain or rope lashing by which the bowsprit was lashed down to the stem; now, an arrangement of iron bands secured by nuts and screws.
Sorry, no etymologies found.