from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An endoscope that is inserted through the mouth and used for examining the interior of the stomach.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a form of endoscope used to view the inside of the stomach
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for viewing or examining the interior of the stomach.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hollow tube provided with reflecting mirrors and an electric light, which is passed through the esophagus into the stomach in order to enable the operator to inspect the interior of that organ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a type of endoscope for visually examining the stomach
Sorry, no etymologies found.