from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical construction of a permanent opening from the external surface of the abdominal wall into the stomach, usually for inserting a feeding tube.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The surgical procedure for making an opening in the stomach as part of an operation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The operation of making a permanent opening into the stomach, for the introduction of food.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, the operation of forming an artificial opening into the stomach, for introducing food when it cannot pass through the gullet, on account of obstruction or stricture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. surgical creation of an opening through the abdominal wall into the stomach (as for gastrogavage)
From gastro- + -stomy (Wiktionary)