from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a gate keeper
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gate keeper; a gate tender.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The person who has charge of the opening and shutting of a gate.
- n. The porter who attends to the gate at the entrance to a mansion, institution, etc.
- n. The person in charge of a gate at a level crossing on a railroad.
- n. The lessee or collector at a toll-gate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.