from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Puffed-out; full: a bouffant hair style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of hair or clothing, full-bodied or puffy; puffed out away from head or body.
- n. A popular hairstyle in the mid-to-late 16th century, nowadays common with poodles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. being puffed out; -- used mostly of hair style, and sometimes clothing; ; a bouffant skirt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Puffed out: as, a skirt very bouffant at the back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman's hairstyle in which the hair gives a puffy appearance
- adj. being puffed out; used of hair style or clothing
French, from present participle of bouffer, to puff up, from Old French.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French, from Middle French; present participle of bouffer, to puff (Wiktionary)