from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large, dark-coated wild ox (Bos gaurus) of hilly areas of southeast Asia. Also called seladang.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An East Indian species of wild cattle (Bos gaurus), of large size and an untamable disposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An East Indian species of wild cattle (Bibos gauris), of large size and an untamable disposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as gare.
- n. A large wild ox of India, Bibos gaurus, the wild stock of the domesticated gayal, and related to the zebu.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wild ox of mountainous areas of eastern India
Hindi, from Sanskrit gauraḥ.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindustani. (Wiktionary)