from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. Chiefly British To gawk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To stare stupidly or rudely; to gawk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To gape; yawn.
- To stare with the mouth open in a stupid and dazed manner. [U. S.]
- To devour; eat greedily; swallow voraciously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. look with amazement; look stupidly
Variant of obsolete galp, to gawk, gape, of unknown origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Variation of gape. (Wiktionary)