from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of gesticulating.
- n. A deliberate, vigorous motion or gesture. See Synonyms at gesture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of gesticulating, or making gestures to aid expression of thoughts, sentiments or passion.
- n. A gesture; a motion of the body or limbs when speaking, or in representing action or passion, and enforcing arguments and sentiments.
- n. An odd or fanciful motion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of gesticulating, or making gestures to express passion or enforce sentiments.
- n. A gesture; a motion of the body or limbs in speaking, or in representing action or passion, and enforcing arguments and sentiments.
- n. Antic tricks or motions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of gesticulating or making gestures: as, his gesticulation is awkward.
- n. A gesture; an expressive motion of the head, body, or limbs.
- n. Synonyms See gesture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a deliberate and vigorous gesture or motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.