- v. Simple past tense and past participle of gimp.
- adj. of yarn, etc. Wrapped or wound tightly with a second length of yarn or wire in a tight spiral, often by means of a gimping machine, leaving the core yarn straight and protected (gimped yarn). Also, generally, wrapped or twisted with string or wire (gimped buttons).
- adj. of fabric, clothing Adorned with gimp (decorative trim); edged or embroidered.
- adj. Jagged, as a jagged or uneven edge or outline; notched, edged with serrations or grooves; nicked, dented.
- adj. informal Crippled, injured; damaged as to awkwardly impede function.
- From gimp (Wiktionary)
“Restricting your actions forces you to get creative, and when you solve a puzzle in this "gimped" form, you've earned it.”
“My other friend has been seeing that he "gimped" his original "main" character over time--with "bad" power and enhancment slot choices--compelling him to leave that character gathering dust for the past few weeks.”
“This Vacuuming pic is just the evidence I need to motivate my gimped mother into keeping the place clean for my 7 healthy, strapping, able-bodied brothers and me!”
“From one crawled screechingly an inchoate thing that gimped on incomplete legs while upon its back a fully aware man, or the top half of one, gripped and tore and pummeled the creature to which it was attached with suicidal violence.”
“Personally I wish liberal activists put more effort into revving a Medicare buy-in then putting in a gimped public option, but oh well.”
“And then have that many pixels being pumped out by the laptops gimped GPU, while I'm working in Photoshop which is faster with a good GPU?”
“Mustering up the strength to visit the doctor, I gimped my way to the”
“Then you get massively delayed and gimped versions of HD titles where the bloom is off.”
“Oddly enough it was sort of like a gimped podcast where each participant was only hearing the last person to speak.”
“Excel seems similarly gimped, though it's got a pretty solid set of built-in functions ….”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘gimped’.
List of adjectives such as everduring that do not frequent common speech and writing. A continuation of my list Adjectival Arcana, which had grown to over 7700 words and had become far too cumbersome.
Looking for tweets for gimped.