from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A genus Glaucus of nudibranchiate mollusks, found in the warmer latitudes, swimming in the open sea. These mollusks are beautifully colored with blue and silvery white.
- n. Citrus glauca, the desert lime, a thorny shrub species endemic to semi-arid regions of Australia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of nudibranchiate mollusks, found in the warmer latitudes, swimming in the open sea. These mollusks are beautifully colored with blue and silvery white.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ichthyology, a genus of fishes.
- n. In conchology, a genus of nudibranchiate gastropods, typical of the family Glaucidæ, of slender elongate form, with four tentacles.
- n. In ornithology: [lowercase] The specific name of the burgomaster-gull, Larus glaucus.
- n. A genus comprising the section of the genus Larus represented by the burgomaster.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
UGLY blue slugs called glaucus that like to eat bluebottles are turning up in their hundreds on Gold Coast beaches blown in by northeasterlies.
 Narrated by AElian (Anim i. 16) of the "glaucus," a fish apparently unknown.
Phoebe zhenan (V), Litsea elongata, oak Quercus glaucus, Elaeocarpus spp. and maples Acer spp.
Add that to the glaucus blue foliage with all those hot pink or light pink blooms– they look electric.
No comprehensive bird list is given in the plan, but it does confirm the presence of the endangered species, the glaucus macaw.
This is the 4th instar of the eastern tiger swallowtail Papilio glaucus.
The following are deep-sea fishes — the trygon, the cartilaginous fishes, the white conger, the serranus, the erythrinus, and the glaucus.
Some fishes, however, hide during the summer, as the glaucus or grey-back; this fish hides in summer for about sixty days.
Some fish possess these appendages but only in small numbers, as the hepatus and the glaucus; and, by the way, they are few also in the dorado.
A few fish are in much the same condition at all times, whether with spawn or not, as the glaucus.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.