American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Composed of or producing globules.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Bearing or containing globules; in geol,. containing concretions or segregations which consist of mica or of feldspar and mica: called spherophyric by J. D. Dana: equivalent to the more common terms spheroidal or orbicular, used of spheroidal aggregates in granitoid rock.
- adj. geology Bearing globules; of rocks, having a concretionary structure where the concretions are isolated globules evenly distributed through the texture of the rock.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Bearing globules; in geology, used of rocks, and denoting a variety of concretionary structure, where the concretions are isolated globules and evenly distributed through the texture of the rock.
- globule + -ferous. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘globuliferous’.
The many textures of touch.
Words that are fun to say....
Words with the -fer suffix ("that which carries") or the -ferous suffix ("bearing," "producing," or "yielding").
Another kind of bear list: words bearing the -fer suffix ("that which carries"), the -ferous suffix ("bearing," "producing," or "yielding").
Also see (if you like) Carry Me Home Again.
Hopefully, I'll be using this site for more than one year. It will be fun then to look back and see what new words I found worthy of notice in any given year.
All words spotted in 2008...
Looking for tweets for globuliferous.