American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The formation or synthesis of glycogen.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, the formation of glucose.
- n. the formation in animals of glycogen from glucose
- n. the conversion of glucose to glycogen when the glucose in the blood exceeds the demand
- Blend of glycogen and genesis (Wiktionary)
- glyco- + -genesis. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“KAPHA represents enzymes e.g. glycogen synthetase promoting processes such as glycogenesis, lipogenesis and also those which prevent or slow down break down of ATP.”
“Cortisone acts as a physiological antagonist to insulin by decreasing glycogenesis (formation of glycogen) and promotes breakdown of lipids (lipolysis), and proteins, and mobilization of extrahepatic amino acids and ketone bodies.”
“ MANAGEMENT e) Liver: increased gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis and decrease in glycogenesis thus causing increase in blood sugar level”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘glycogenesis’.
Looking for tweets for glycogenesis.