from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The formation or synthesis of glycogen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The synthesis of glycogen from glucose
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, the formation of glucose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the formation in animals of glycogen from glucose
- n. the conversion of glucose to glycogen when the glucose in the blood exceeds the demand
KAPHA represents enzymes e.g. glycogen synthetase promoting processes such as glycogenesis, lipogenesis and also those which prevent or slow down break down of ATP.
Cortisone acts as a physiological antagonist to insulin by decreasing glycogenesis (formation of glycogen) and promotes breakdown of lipids (lipolysis), and proteins, and mobilization of extrahepatic amino acids and ketone bodies.
MANAGEMENT e) Liver: increased gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis and decrease in glycogenesis thus causing increase in blood sugar level
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.