from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A conversion to a different purpose or from one system to another, as in equipment or production techniques.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A conversion or transition from one thing to another
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an event that results in a transformation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy
- v. make a shift in or exchange of
- n. an event that results in a transformation
Sorry, no etymologies found.