from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An intentional slight; a snub.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A passing without notice; intentional neglect; thrusting away.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A passing without notice; intentional neglect; thrusting away; a shifting off; adieu.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An evasion; an escape by artifice.
- n. A passing without notice; an intentional disregard, evasion, or avoidance: in the phrase to give or get the go-by.
- n. The act of passing by or ahead in motion.
- n. The second turn made by a hare in crossing.
Sorry, no etymologies found.