from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sluice in embankments against the sea, for letting out the land waters when the tide is out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sluice in embankments against the sea, for letting out the land waters, when the tide is out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as gout, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. go out of fashion; become unfashionable
- v. leave the house to go somewhere
- v. take the field
- v. date regularly; have a steady relationship with
- v. move out of or depart from
- v. become extinguished
Sorry, no etymologies found.