from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae, the causative agent of gonorrhea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bacterium, taxonomic name Neisseria gonorrhoeae, that is responsible for gonorrhea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vegetable microörganism of the genus Micrococcus, occurring in the secretion in gonorrhea. It is believed by some to constitute the cause of this disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cell (coccus) of the micrococcus found in and among the pus-cells of the gonorrheal discharge.
- n. plural Micrococci which occur in pairs, flattened at their points of contact; the cause of gonorrheal inflammation of the mucous and serous membranes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the pus-producing bacterium that causes gonorrhea
gono- + coccus (Wiktionary)