- interj. Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning.
- interj. by extension, humorous used to greet someone who has just awakened (irrespective of the time of day).
- interj. by extension, informal Said to someone who has come to a belated realization.
- interj. A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
- n. An exercise performed by bending forward at the waist and then returning to a standing posture, while bearing a barbell across the shoulders.
- n. a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
- An ellipsis for an expression such as “I wish you a good morning.” (Wiktionary)
“But I had a lovely little nurse, Miss Stancel, I remember — it's funny how these things come back — that always kissed me good morning and kissed me good-night.”
“Tommy sniff-tested a half-dozen shirts, finally decided on one, climbed into bed, and was kissing Jody good morning when the sunrise put them out.”
“Then I sat down and presently, behold, Jubayr and his beloved came out of the bath in the house, and I saw them both wringing their locks. 347 So I wished them good morning and gave them joy of their safety and reunion, saying to Jubayr, ‘That which began with constraint and conditions hath ended in cordial-contentment.’”
“Sweeping into the parlor, she exchanged a nod and a good morning with Nicholas, already seated at the table’s head.”
“Foreign Minister Stephen Smith and good morning to our panel,”
““Allah yesabbihak bil-kheir,” he returned my good morning — using, of course, the masculine ending.”
“Sean Lillick stopped by Carrie Masons cubicle to say good morning to her.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘good morning’.
Typical words from Beatles song titles. Can you recreate the titles?
(Grammatical words have been omitted)
Trademark of Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report.
Ways to say hello.
Looking for tweets for good morning.