from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning.
- interj. used to greet someone who has just awakened (irrespective of the time of day).
- interj. Said to someone who has come to a belated realization.
- interj. A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
- n. An exercise performed by bending forward at the waist and then returning to a standing posture, while bearing a barbell across the shoulders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
An ellipsis for an expression such as “I wish you a good morning.” (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.