from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang One who shirks work or responsibility.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An idle or work-shy person; a shirker
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To shirk one's duties; to avoid work by relaxing or performing idle activities.
- n. A person who habitually shirks his duties or avoids work; an idle worthless person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an idle worthless person
Sorry, no etymologies found.