from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A European wading bird (Tringa nebularia) having greenish legs and a long bill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wading bird, Tringa nebularia, that has long greenish legs and is native to Eurasia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A European sandpiper or snipe (Totanus canescens); -- called also greater plover.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The popular name of Totanus glottis, a common sandpiper
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large European sandpiper with greenish legs
Sorry, no etymologies found.