from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reddish-brown colobus monkey from Abyssinia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A beautiful Abyssinian monkey (Colobus guereza), having the body black, with a fringe of long, silky, white hair along the sides, and a tuft of the same at the end of the tail. The frontal band, cheeks, and chin are white.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large African monkey of the subfamily Semnopithecinæ, the Colobus guereza, one of the showiest of the whole tribe, party-colored with black and white in large masses, with long flowing hair and a long bushy tail.
- n. A genus of monkeys, the type of which is the guereza.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a colobus monkey with a reddish brown coat and white silky fringes down both sides of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.