from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A usually prolonged feeling of guilt or culpability.
- idiom lay a guilt trip on To make or try to make (someone) feel guilty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A feeling of shame or embarrassment, especially if self-indulgent, unwarranted, exaggerated or felt over a significant period of time.
- n. Remarks intended to produce such a feeling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. remorse caused by feeling responsible for some offense
Sorry, no etymologies found.