from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several marine fishes of the family Rhinobatidae, having a guitar-shaped body and related to the skates and rays.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the fish in the Rhinobatidae family of rays.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A primitive tropical bottom-dwelling ray of the family Rhinobatidae with a guitar-shaped body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shark-like ray of the family Rhinobatidæ, inhabiting warm seas; specifically, Rhinobatus productus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. primitive tropical bottom-dwelling ray with a guitar-shaped body
Sorry, no etymologies found.