from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small rubbery granuloma that has a necrotic center and is enclosed by an inflamed fibrous capsule. It is characteristic of an advanced stage of syphilis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a soft, non-cancerous growth, a form of granuloma, resulting from the tertiary stage of syphilis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of soft tumor, usually of syphilitic origin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a kind of tumor produced by syphilis, so called from the resemblance of its contents to gum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small rubbery granuloma that is characteristic of an advanced stage of syphilis
New Latin, from Late Latin, gum; see gum1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)