from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of haji.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hajji.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Mohammedan who has made a pilgrimage to Mecca; -- used among Orientals as a respectful salutation or a title of honor.
- n. A Greek or Armenian who has visited the holy sepulcher at Jerusalem.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Mussulman who has performed his hadj, or pilgrimage to Mecca, and who afterward bears the designation as a title of honor: as, Hadji Khalfa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Arabic term of respect for someone who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca
Sorry, no etymologies found.