from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of cherry native to northern Europe and northern Asia, the bird cherry.
- n. Its bittersweet astringent fruit, readily eaten by birds and Russians.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant of the genus Prunus (Prunus Padus); the bird cherry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of cherry, Prunus padus or P. avium. Also called bird-cherry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small cherry much liked by birds
hag + berry (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.