from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Islam One who has made a pilgrimage to Mecca.
- n. Islam Often used as a form of address for one who has made such a pilgrimage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hajji.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has made a journey to Mecca; Same as hadji.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Arabic term of respect for someone who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca
Filed under: hijra poetry, dr glenn losack md, hijda poetry, hijras, hijras in haji malang, laxmi narayan tripathi
The days when a kid born to a mother 40 or older was dubbed a haji kakikko, or a shameful child, are over.
FInally, the senior NCO said that the private's rifle was also something else; that because of the biblical quote on the ACOG gunsight it had been "spiritually transformed into the Fire Arm of Jesus Christ" and that we would be expected to kill every "haji" we could find with it.
Her sad lot is contrasted with that of her wealthy neighbor, who goes just out of habit, and a businessman who aspires to become mayor and goes only to get the title of "haji" for political expediency.
They are eager "to get some," to pay "haji" back for the car bombs and IED's (improvised explosive devices) that have killed or maimed so many of their brother "Devil Dogs."
The wars themselves are being fought against people who we are referring to as 'haji's', 'towel-heads,' and 'sand niggers.'
Early last year, after six hard months soldiering in Afghanistan, a group of American infantrymen reached a momentous decision: It was finally time to kill a haji.
Asking Graham Onions to do it a third time would have been expecting too much. ami haji
* Definitely not the same Peter King who lost preselection for his (Australian) House of Reps seat after an orchestrated branch-stack by former leader Malcolm Turnbull. ami haji
Just as Hitler told von Paulus to sit tight at Stalingrad while the Russians encircled the German VI army, so counter-intuitively Brown would have Darling carry on spending, regardless of the folly of such myopia. ami haji
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.