from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A blurring or spreading of light around bright areas on a photographic image.
- n. A glow around a bright object on a television screen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of light surrounding some object as if making a halo.
- n. The blurring of light around a bright area of a photographic image, or on a television screen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An appearance as of a halo of light, surrounding the edges of dark objects in a photographic picture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In photography, the effect of excess of light, or of adventitious reflected light, on some part of a negative, as when an interior view includes a window the light-rays from which produce a fog which spreads over the neighboring parts of the picture, or when light is reflected from the back of the plate.
hal(o) + -ation.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From halo + -ation. (Wiktionary)