Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A play of children in which something, as a pebble or a coin, is shaken between the hands of one, while another guesses which hand it is retained in.
- n. Hence A bribe paid secretly.
- adj. Alternative form of handy dandy.
- n. obsolete A children's game in which one child guesses in which closed hand the other holds some small object, winning the object if right and forfeiting an equivalent if wrong.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A child's play, one child guessing in which closed hand the other holds some small object, winning the object if right and forfeiting an equivalent if wrong; hence, forfeit.
“But according to Football Outsiders' handy-dandy efficiency ratings, one playoff team may have been worse the 2004 St. Louis Rams, and the 1998 Arizona Cardinals were close.”
“I drive to the shop, do some quick sleuthing, and find this footage on my handy-dandy web cam:”
“I have cut and pasted into my handy-dandy recipe file.”
“It talks abut skepticism as a handy-dandy toolkit for investigating claims, whether it be everyday or not-so-ordinary, and how it is like "science express.”
“Give your dad the gift of wireless, free energy with this handy-dandy NoonSolar messenger bag.”
“But I imagine you have historical files with all those handy-dandy details.”
“Beware of all talk of handy-dandy “problem solvers.””
“Beware of all talk of handy-dandy “problem solvers” Many roads lead to actual learning. wmb Says:”
“Go get their handy-dandy resource guide called ‘The Roadmap.’”
“I've posted on this nearly every year since I've been in business in México and last year, thanks to a local Mazatlán expat spreadsheet designer, James Maynard, and my input on the formulae, I have a handy-dandy spreadsheet (with full instructions) available gratis – FREE – that calculates the legally correct aguinaldo AND vacation pay due to any employee, full or part time, registered with IMSS or not registered, in México.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘handy-dandy’.
Bribes and such.
Looking for tweets for handy-dandy.