from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lightweight protective helmet, usually of metal or reinforced plastic, worn by workers in industrial settings.
- n. Informal A construction worker.
- n. Slang An ultraconservative.
- n. Slang An extremely patriotic person with a conventional, usually unquestioning sense of morality.
- adj. Relating to heavy industry, construction, or demolition.
- adj. Informal Of, relating to, or characterized by extreme conservatism.
- adj. Slang Extremely patriotic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hard hat.
Sorry, no etymologies found.