from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of the sub-family Murinae (Old World rats and mice).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a very small European field mouse (Mus minutus). It builds a globular nest on the stems of wheat and other plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very small murine rodent or mouse, Mus minutus, abundant in Europe, nesting in grain, and therefore specially observable in harvest-time. It is one of the very smallest of mice, being about 2¼ inches in length, with a tail nearly as long.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small reddish-brown Eurasian mouse inhabiting e.g. cornfields
- n. any of several small greyish New World mice inhabiting e.g. grain fields
Sorry, no etymologies found.