American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Elaborate or skillfully prepared food, especially that of France.
- n. The characteristic manner or style of preparing such food.
- n. (French) an elaborate and skillful manner of preparing food
- From French haute ("high") + cuisine ("cookery") (Wiktionary)
- French : haute, feminine of haut, high, elegant + cuisine, cooking. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘haute cuisine’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for haute cuisine.