from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A layer of leather or wood added to raise the heel of a shoe; a lift.
- n. A small amount of liquor remaining in a container or drinking vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece or wedge that raises the heel of a shoe.
- n. A small amount of (especially alcoholic) drink remaining at the bottom of a glass.
- v. To add a piece of leather to the heel of (a shoe, boot, etc.).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the segments of leather in the heel of a shoe.
- n. A small portion of liquor left in a glass after drinking.
- transitive v. To add a piece of leather to the heel of (a shoe, boot, etc.)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small piece of leather several of which together form the heel of a shoe; a lift. See heel
- n. The small portion of wine or liquor left in a glass when the main portion has been drunk.
- To add a piece of leather to the heel of, as a shoe or boot.
heel + tap (Wiktionary)