American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various aquatic protozoans of the order Heliozoa, having numerous spindlelike pseudopods that radiate from a central cell mass.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of a sunanimalcule; pertaining to the Heliozoa.
- n. A sun-animalcule; one of the Heliozoa.
- n. Any of a group of aquatic protozoans, of the order Heliozoa, that have spherical bodies from which radiate spindlelike pseudopods
- n. protozoa with spherical bodies and stiff radiating pseudopods
- From New Latin Hēliozōa, class name : helio- (from their shape) + -zōa, pl. of -zōon, -zoon. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Rhizochromulina's fellow Dictyophyceans include the silicoflagellate Dictyocha, a 'heliozoan”
‘heliozoan’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for heliozoan.