from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Elision of "hell of".
- Elision of "the hell of".
- Elision of "hell have"
- adj. Intensifier, signifies an abundance of a thing; much or many.
- adv. Intensifier (modifies verbs); to a large extent; totally; very much.
- adv. Intensifier (modifies adjectives); to a large degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- interj. For sure; totally; hell yeah; used as a strong affirmation of something that was just said, accomplished, or revealed.
Shortened form, or elision, of phrases like "hell of" or "hell have", approximating casual speech in writing. (Wiktionary)
Altered from intensifier hella (originally Northern California slang). See also Wikipedia:Hella (word). (Wiktionary)