- adj. slang, chiefly N CA Intensifier, signifies an abundance of a thing; much or many.
- adv. slang, chiefly N CA Intensifier (modifies verbs); to a large extent; totally; very much.
- adv. slang, chiefly N CA Intensifier (modifies adjectives); to a large degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- interj. slang, chiefly N CA For sure; totally; hell yeah; used as a strong affirmation of something that was just said, accomplished, or revealed.
- colloquial Elision of "hell of".
- colloquial Elision of "the hell of".
- colloquial Elision of "hell have"
- Shortened form, or elision, of phrases like "hell of" or "hell have", approximating casual speech in writing. (Wiktionary)
“In fact, it was a helluv a lot better than I expected it to be.”
“Had a helluv an argument with my Mum, and have felt very unsupported in my pain the past two days.”
“I'm helluv hungover, so yeah, thanks to everyone who came down last night.”
“All the Say... replies are done, it's shaping up to be a helluv-an-issue.”
“I almost yanked an alarm just for the helluv it after it was already going off.”
“We saw quick thinking, clean delivery of lines and a helluv a lot of walking and talking.”
‘helluv’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for helluv.