from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Hell have.
- adj. Intensifier, signifies an abundance of a thing; much or many.
- adj. a lot; or, a hell of a lot.
- adv. Intensifier (modifies verbs); to a large extent; totally; very much.
- adv. Intensifier (modifies adjectives); to a large degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- interj. For sure; totally; hell yeah; used as a strong affirmation of something that was just said, accomplished, or revealed.
Shortened form, or elision, of phrases like "hell have", approximating casual speech in writing. (Wiktionary)
Related to "a hell of a". Originally Northern California slang. Also helluv. (Wiktionary)