from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A full-dress fur hat of varying shape, worn by hussars in the 19th century and by the foot guard regiments of the British army.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fur hat, usually with a plume in the front, worn by certain members of the military or brass bands.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A military headdress or cap, used in the British army. It is of fur, with a bag, of the same color as the facings of the regiment, hanging from the top over the right shoulder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A military head-dress worn by hussars, artillerymen, and engineers in the British army, consisting of a fur hat with a bag, of the same color as the facings of the regiment, hanging from the top over the right side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall hat; worn by some British soldiers on ceremonial occasions
Possibly from the name Busby.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)