American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A group or series of seven.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sum of seven units; the number seven.
- n. In chem., an atom whose equivalence is seven atoms of hydrogen, or which can be combined with, substituted for, or replaced by seven atoms of hydrogen.
- n. In music, in the duodenal system of analysis, a scheme of seven tones, formed by uniting two duodenal cells of four tones. A heptad based on C would be Eb G—Ab C E—F A, and would contain all the tones that can enter into consonant triads with the tonic of the heptad, C. See
- n. a group of seven things
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) An atom which has a valence of seven, and which can be theoretically combined with, substituted for, or replaced by,
sevenmonad atoms or radicals. Also used as an adjective.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of six and one
- hepta- + -ad (Wiktionary)
- Greek heptas, heptad-, the number seven, from hepta, seven; see septm̥ in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In particular, the question is whether there is a consistent way of accepting the following heptad: 1. The Father is God.”
“UPDATE: Added 7 to the heptad. posted by Brandon | 12:07 AM”
“Here there is a pause; and with this consummation reached, than which in type and prophecy there can be nothing higher, a new series begins; the heptad falling, as is so constantly the case, into two groups; either of three and four, as in the Lord's Prayer, or of four and three, as here.”
“I suppose, be admitted by many thoughtful students of God's Word, probably by most who have entered into the mystery of the heptad in”
“Indeed, the heptad of things finite is in all cases reducible to the pentad.”
“Colours may best be expressed by a heptad, the largest possible formula for things finite, as the pentad is the smallest possible form.”
“The F1 polypeptide of APMV-5 contains heptad repeats at aa positions 134-182 and 455-485, as predicted by the LearnCoil-VMF program, which correspond to the characteristic HRA and HRB heptad repeats that are found in paramyxovirus F proteins and are thought to be important for the conformational changes that lead to membrane fusion”
“It centers on heptad children in a diminutive Maine municipality who play the maker of a program of murders in 1958 and again in 1985, when the wheel begins again.”
“C-peptide T20 targets the gp41 N-terminal heptad repeat region”
“Final Fantasy heptad haw be the prizewinning and memorable FF program in the heritage created by Square Enix to prompt SCE Nihon to become up with a FF heptad manifestation Children PS3 clump which includes a Blu-ray flick of the aforementioned title.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘heptad’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
of or relating to; used to form names
i can't never forget thiccyn's!
Master Rahl guide us.
Master Rahl teach us.
Master Rahl protect us.
In your light we thrive.
In your mercy we are sheltered.
In your wisdom we are humbled.
Looking for tweets for heptad.