from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A beam or bar armed with iron spikes, and turning on a pivot, used to block up a passage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A beam or bar armed with iron spikes, and turning on a pivot; -- used to block up a passage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In heraldry, a hedgehog.
- n. In fort., a beam armed with iron spikes pointing outward, and turning on a pivot like a turnstile, used to defend a passage.
- n. A sort of wooden horse set with spikes or points, formerly used as a military punishment, the culprit being mounted upon it.
- n. The punishment so inflicted.
Moi j'adore celle avec le herisson KYAAAAH trop mimi!!
She also said that she was pleased with the way she satirized the French elite in her book, the Elegance of the Hedgehog, or L'elegance du herisson in French.
Le herisson n'en connaÃ®t qu'un, mais il est fameux. ")
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.