from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which serves as a winter retreat.
- n. Winter quarters.
- n. The place where an animal hibernates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which serves for protection or shelter in winter; winter quarters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which serves for shelter or protection in winter; winter quarters.
- n. In horticulture, a covering or protection for young buds during winter.
- n. Same as hibernaculum, 2.
Sorry, no etymologies found.