from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal One who has a rank, position, or status superior to others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody with greater authority, seniority, rank, status or position; one who outranks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A superior officer or official; a person having greater rank or station or quality than others; -- used chiefly in pl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in or to a place that is higher
- n. one of greater rank or station or quality
Sorry, no etymologies found.