from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bar graph of a frequency distribution in which the widths of the bars are proportional to the classes into which the variable has been divided and the heights of the bars are proportional to the class frequencies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A graphical display of numerical data in the form of upright bars, with the area of each bar representing frequency.
- v. To represent (data) as a histogram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A diagram of structural form-elements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bar chart representing a frequency distribution; heights of the bars represent observed frequencies
Greek histos, mast, web; see stā- in Indo-European roots + -gram.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ἱστός (histos, "mast") + -γραμμα (-gramma). (Wiktionary)